Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I'll Be There For You...

"Day 21 — One of your favorite show"

Okay, first thing first... Selamat Hari Kartini perempuan-perempuan hebat Indonesia! Jadi gimana cerita heboh pakai kebaya ke kantornya hari ini?

And... today's topic is kinda fun and I have some times to spare for writing this, so let's talk a lot about... F.R.I.E.N.D.S!


It's obvious that this particular TV show is everyone's favorite. Well, if you don't like Friends then you can't sit with me.
What I love the most about Friends is how relatable it is for us, their stories are highlighting our daily problems in the most hilarious way possible. Is it lame if I told you I learn so much from Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Ross, and Chandler?
I remember wrote it down on my 30 facts about me several posts ago that I always watching Friends. Like literally, all day everyday. I'm actually watching it now, it's the last episode "The Last One". And right away after it's over I'll replay it and binge watch it all over again. No regret though.

My favorite character on Friends is Monica and my second favorite is Chandler. See, Monica and Chandler. ;D
My friends actually accused me for being too Monica-ish. Eventhough I guess they're right, I'm such an obsessive and meticulous person yet I'm not as neurotic as Monica is, thank God. Well I can be a little crazy sometime, just a little, not so much.
And why Chandler? Because his sarcastic attitude is a way of life. "I'm not good in giving advice, can I interest you with sarcastic comment?" and "I tend to use humor as a defence mechanism." I mean, he's such a funny guy and I love him very much. I don't mind get a Chandler as a boyfriend. Plus he have this sophisticated side of him and oh my God, the way he loves Monica is too sweet!

And I do realize that Friends is actually air way before my era. I was born in 1990 and Friends pilot aired in 1994. I was only 4 at that time, I barely able to read let alone speak fluently in English. And Friends final was aired in 2004, I was 14 then, and my parents eventually forbid me to watch Friends because they mind the adult content in that show. So me, being such a rebel, watch it furtively... and I actually not even understand the jokes yet. But I see the characters, and I bear in mind, when I'm older, I probably will be like them.
Now here I am, in the exact same age as Rachel when Friends first aired and wow, their life is totally relatable. You know... So no one told you life was gonna be this way. Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A. I mean, if you're in your 20s, single, and still trying to cope with you freakin' job, how the hell you're not feeling it?
Yes, we're in this screwed up world together friends...

But what I love the most about Friends is how we actually can see the characters growing up through the seasons. Hello... coffee house Rachel to fashion executive Rachel? They grow up and I envy people who can grow up with them together.
My generation now can only took their silly examples and rather mischievous advice from them while we turn on the TV and watch them while eating a big gallon of ice cream after a bad date and listen to Phoebe's singing her weird folk songs—and FYI, my favorite lyric is "'Cause your love oh your love, your love... it's like a giant pigeon... crapping on my heart" from the pilot episode. While my favorite quote is also from the pilot episode, it's Monica's "Welcome to the real world, it's sucks... you're gonna love it!"

Well as you see how I'm blabbering around about Friends, and believe me I can tell you every single plot of every single episode if you want me to, I'm really obsessed and I can't got enough of it!

So excuse me now, I'm going to make a cup of coffee and back to watch Friends again,,, from the top of first season. And I think you should do it too... C'mon, let's watch Friends together!


No comments:

Post a Comment